Baptism at Mount Olivet
Baptism is a once-in-a-lifetime sacrament in your child’s faith journey. Jesus said to his followers, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is God’s promise to us to wash away our sins.
The sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion carry God's grace — forgiveness, life and salvation — to God's people. These sacraments are gladly offered for you and your family, regardless of membership status, at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church.
Baptism class for parents
In this one-session, one-hour class with Pastor Bill MacLean at the Minneapolis Campus and Pastor Drew Bakken at the West Campus, parents will learn more about the promises Baptism holds for their young child, the promises they make for their child, and ways to help their children understand themselves as children of God.
Scheduling a baptism
Families may schedule a baptism during a worship service or privately, according to the family's and officiating pastor's schedule.
- The dates for Baptism during a worship service are listed below and are held at our Minneapolis campus during our Noon service or our West campus during our 11am service.
- FALL/WINTER OFFERINGS 2016
- September 18- Mpls Pastor Youngdahl, West Pastor Enoch
- September 25- Mpls Pastor Cornils, West Pastor MacLean
- October 9- Mpls Pastor Johnson, West Pastor Cornils
- October 23- Mpls Pastor Enoch, West Pastor Bakken
- November 20
- November 27
- December 11
- December 25 (Christmas Day at Mpls only at 11:00 service)
- January 15
- January 29
- WINTER/SPRING OFFERINGS 2016-2017
- February 12 and 26
- March 12 and 26
- April 23 only
- May 14 and 28
- Private baptisms are available at each campus.
The Pastor who is scheduled to preach officiates the Sunday morning baptisms during worship.
Families should fill out the form below and Lisa Bue will contact you with information.
Baptism Information Request