Baptism at Mount Olivet
Baptism is a once-in-a-lifetime sacrament in your child’s faith journey. Jesus said to his followers, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is God’s promise to us to wash away our sins.
The sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion carry God's grace — forgiveness, life and salvation — to God's people. These sacraments are gladly offered for you and your family, regardless of membership status, at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church.
Baptism class for parents
In this one-session, one-hour class with Pastor Bill MacLean at the Minneapolis Campus and Pastor Drew Bakken at the West Campus, parents will learn more about the promises Baptism holds for their young child, the promises they make for their child, and ways to help their children understand themselves as children of God.
Scheduling a baptism
Families may schedule a baptism during a worship service or privately, according to the family's and officiating pastor's schedule.
- The dates for Baptism during a worship service are listed below and are held at our Minneapolis campus during our Noon service or our West campus during our 10 am service.
- WINTER/SPRING OFFERINGS 2017
- January 29- Mpls Pastor Craig Johnson, West Pastor Bakken
- February 5- West Pastor MacLean
- February 12- Mpls Pastor Kalland
- February 26- Mpls Pastor Lose
- February 19- West Pastor Bakken
- March 5- West Pastor Bakken
- March 12- Mpls Pastor Hammersten
- March 19- West Pastor MacLean
- March 26- Mpls Pastor Cornils
- April 2- West Pastor Lose
- April 23- Mpls Pastor Johnson
- May 7- West Pastor Johnson
- May 14- Mpls Pastor Hammersten
- May 21- West Pastor Bakken
- The Pastor who is scheduled to preach officiates the Sunday morning baptisms during worship.
Families should fill out the form below and Lisa Bue will contact you with information.
Baptism Information Request