License and Mission Statement
The Mount Olivet Preschool, formerly Mount Olivet Nursery School, was founded in 1970 to serve the families of Mount Olivet Lutheran Church and the surrounding community. The State Department of Human Services, Standards and Licensing Division, St. Paul, Minnesota, phone 651.296.3971, licenses the preschool. This assures families in our community that high standards have been met regarding space, equipment, program, and staff. We are licensed for forty children per session.
The Mount Olivet Preschool is an outreach ministry of Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, open to all children, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or religion.
The preschool director administers the school. The staff consists of a director, head teachers, and assistant teachers as required. Children are divided into classes of 20. The teachers are certified by the State of Minnesota. Assistant teachers work with each head teacher, ensuring an adult to child ratio of at least one to seven.
(l-r) Back row: Julie Robertson, Rachel Lobben,
Angie Gislason, Liz Martin, Kathy Johnson
Front row: Tracy Hollister, Linda Healy, Kaye Holifield
We will recognize and love your child as an individual and provide:
- a social experience, with a Christian influence, where children develop individually.
- opportunities for your child to explore and question, and share ideas with others.
- a place where children can learn to control emotions and act independently.
- good equipment and materials to maintain good mental and physical health.
- a safe place where your child will find it easier to let parents go, and relate to other adults.