Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9 (NIV)
At Mount Olivet, adult learning opportunities are all about life-long faith exploration and growth. We want to help you draw nearer to God by discovering new insights from the Bible and exploring relevant religious topics. We are here to help you transfer that learning into action with spiritual practices that deepen your relationship with God and invite God's peace into your daily life. When we learn more about our faith and apply it to our lives, we are on the way to Believing more deeply in Jesus Christ, Belonging more purposefully to the community of Christ, and Becoming more intentionally like Christ.
Whether you attend a series of classes at one of our campuses, join a small study group that meets away from church, or explore our online resources, we pray that you will discover questions, Scripture, and insights that allow the Holy Spirit to deepen your faith and your growth as a Christian.
Spring 2015 Classes
Here is a list of our current classes. You can find more information through the calendar below. To register, click on the purple bar at the top of this page, or click on the blue text for a link to that event's registration form.
- Tuesday PM Bible Study: The Creeds - What We Say and Why | Tues 4/7-5/5
- Wednesday and Thursday Word: 1, 2 & 3 John | MPLS Wed 4/8-5/6; WEST Thurs 4/9-5/7
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: The Life and Witness of a Modern Martyr | Thurs 4/16-5/7
- Spring Women’s Book Discussion: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd | Wed 4/8-4/29
- Book Group: Midday 3rd Tuesdays | What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman (4/21), The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (5/19)
- Book Group: Evening 2nd Wednesdays | The Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White (5/13)
- Parents Share: Planning a Sane Summer for Kids and Parents | Wed 4/8-5/6
- Baptism Class: “We Bring this Child” | Ongoing: 3rd Sundays
- Introduction to Infant Massage | Contact Carol Throntveit
- Men’s Breakfasts | Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Quilting | Mondays
- “Guided” Meditation, Prayer, and Reflection | 2nd Tuesdays
- West Prayer Shawl Ministry Meeting | 3rd Tuesdays
- Candlelight Beginners Yoga | Sun 4/19
- Moving from Anxiety to Optimal Wellness | Sat 5/9
- Chair Holy Yoga | Ongoing: Mondays & Wednesdays
- Energy Healing | Ongoing: 2nd & 4th Mondays
- AARP Driver Safety Program | 8-hour class: Mon 4/20 & 4/27; 4-hour classes: Mon 5/11 OR Tues 5/12